The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dad is holding out for a diesel 150...his 7.3 just turned 300K so hurry up and bring on the 1/2 ton diesel already:rantoff

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
What is the word on the 4.4? Is it for sure? or still un sure?

Not that I think there is a market for it but it would be neat to see. The reasons why I say that is Diesel fuel milage sucks (EPA's fault) and if you wnat to tow more than 14-15 K (which the F-150 already does) you need a bigger truck anyways so get a 250 or 350.

·
780 Posts
I think they are waiting to see what dodge and chevy is going to do first but I'm thinking with that new eco-boost v-6 i think the diesel is out

·
307 Posts
Yeah, don't expect the 4.4L in the F-150 anytime soon. I do expect to see it in the Transit van that will replace the Econoline in 2011.
Why doesn't he just pull the trigger on the 6.2L that should make it's way into a few select F-150 trucks (not counting the Raptor obviously). The 6.2-liter V-8 will produce 411 hp and 434 ft.-lb. of torque.

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
411hp gaser or a spartan tuned 4.4??....he drives alot and wants a diesel

·
307 Posts
Better yet, The 3.5L Twin turbo Ecoboost F-150 will be out later this year. Spartan has said they are commited to it becuase it's a direct injected motor.... Yee Hawww. I think the 3.5L EB is a stout motor... Hell, the EB 3.5L might get the same fuel mileage as a diesel??

·
1,415 Posts
i wouldnt be shocked the EB will get the same fuel milage as a diesel. damn EPA

·
53 Posts
Wonder what will happen when Mahindra offers a diesel in their new 1/2 ton pickup truck next year. Ford is gonna get caught playing catch up.

·
307 Posts
Wonder what will happen when Mahindra offers a diesel in their new 1/2 ton pickup truck next year. Ford is gonna get caught playing catch up.
I don't know about that. Who would buy a hunk of sh*t truck just to get a diesel?... No offense to the GM and Dodge owners :whip

·
53 Posts
I don't know about that. Who would buy a hunk of sh*t truck just to get a diesel?... No offense to the GM and Dodge owners :whip
LOL Good one! There will be some brave souls out there that will. They begin production Dec. 2009. They do have quite a following for their tractors, so maybe that will sell them.

We'll see!

·
diesel power!!
103 Posts
i was gonna wait for them to come out to but then i heard theyve been talking about it for years and keep putting it off. they already got the motor all they gotta do is get it done! it would prob be a sweet truck if it ever happens

·
2,710 Posts
Are you shocked by this :confused:

Mike

·
2,126 Posts
I want a Diesel Raptor...

·
48 Posts
I've been waiting for Ford to come out with a 150 diesel for 8 years. I most likely will never have another diesel after this one. By then the Ford will be out with the Eco boost motor and will give as good of fuel mileage as the diesel and about the same hp. Torque will still be lacking some though. The Eco boost will be only 1000 bucks more than a regular gasser while a diesel is now about 7 k more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts