The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I should get the drag comp or the regular comp box. I can get a regular comp box new for $475 from extreme diesel.And how hard is it to upgrad the comp box to the drag comp.:thanks:

·
4,158 Posts
I think you just send it into Edge, not sure how much it costs.

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
yup, send it in and they will upgrade it for around $100 to $200. I can't remember the amount for sure.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i dont wanna "hijack" the thread, but what's the difference between the two. (i'm a performance diesel newbie)

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
The "DRAG" version removes the defueling of the programming and lets the truck fuel to higher rpm's.

B

·
0 Posts
If you have the coin, I would just go ahead and get the Drag Comp and be done with it.

·
3,514 Posts
yeah, the drag is the way to go. It is $100 to upgrade plus you have to pay shipping, but that can't be that much. It supposedly gives you an extra 20hp up top, but different trucks responde differently. The fueling is nice though, stock you fuel to 2750, Comp fuels to 3k drag comp fuels 3300. I think those are the numbers, please correct me if I'm wrong or missing anything. I've heard people say it eliminates defueling, but in an 01 auto, we had a drag comp and it was defueling on the line at 20psi boost, I don't remember the RPM off the top of my head, but that can be compensated for with something like an R.A.D.
Sean

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
:whs I should have been clearer on that. It doesn't completely remove the defueling it just pushes it way up the rpm band. I think 3300 is about as far as I would like to go without some serious mods to the truck so the drag is a good and fairly safe option for those of us who can't control ourselves.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Diesel Freak,

If you plan to step on it hard the Drag Comp is the way to go as it helps with future mods liek Injectors or Turbo's. We stock them both and will be glad to help you on one and of course with our guaranteed pricing program you'll get it at the best price too.

Mark @ DPPI

1 - 9 of 9 Posts