The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i borrowed a buddys superchips tuner to try on my truck, works good but after a few days (or so many starts) it seems the truck goes back to stock, and u have to re load the program, same with the bully dog one, the programmer says its still on tow mode but i have to re load it then its chipped again. my truck is an old work truck and im wondering if they had something done to the comp. so that if some one chipped the truck it would just kick the program out after a day or so? just tryin to figure out why i keep loosing the tune after a few days

·
862 Posts
There is no reason to "lose" a flash. You can load a tune and remove the PCM from the wiring harness, and it will retain the tune even with no power connected.

·
79 Posts
Are you sure your not just getting used to the truck after a couple days and it doesn't feel as strong as when you first loaded the tune.

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea cause when your on tow mode and punch it it smokes like crazy, and when it seems to go away it does not pull as hard and theres no smoke like when its stock, we'll see how it is, its bin 3 days so far so

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i wasent crazy lol truck did it again yesterday, hooked up the scanner and it had a few dtc's cleared thoes and it was back to normal, app. my check engine light is burnt out lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts