The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys/gals i have a bd exhaust brake that rewires my wastegate in my weak *** stock turbo, and it has a 3 second delay on it and it throws the back pressure sensor so the check engine light comes on and w/ my dp chip i havent been able to use b/c when the check engine light is on the computer is in limp mode and it isnt good for it to be on for a long period of time.
so i talked to Jody at dp tuner and he said i could be a cheap ($10) resistor to fool the computer on how much back pressure its really getting.
can any of ya'll help me out on this, please?

i miss my exhaust brake and will start towing again soon, hope you guys/gals can help a fellow TDG member out.

thnx

·
6,337 Posts
Not sure on the wire thing... I have seen a EBP delete sensor... Maybe it was SP diesel... But its not your wastegate that your using for a Exhaust brake, its the Exhaust Back Pressure Valve. Wastegate controls drive pressures, EBPV builds Backpressure.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Have you read your PCM codes to see which specific code you are getting. There are several codes that can cause a limp code, and each has a different implementation.

Bill

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have pulled the code up but do not remember the number exactly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts