The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im buying a 08 CC , it has the consol. my question is Can i exchange it for the center seat? Is it a stright bolt in deal or is there a lot involved?

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it should be a straight bolt in deal , congrats on the new truck!
Thanks, I swap trucks on sat. when i seen the ford the front tires were worn down more then i would like so they are going to swap my tires on to the ford for me. Mine only have 3K miles on them. the truck ran well, and drove nice, the only thing i seen was a dark tail pipe, I dont know why some of the 08 and newer truck have spotless tail pipes and others are black. what does this mean? oh yeah who ever traded it in took the tailgate with the step and put on one without. it is in great shape but i really wanted that step (cause im getting old) LOL

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Mine smokes like a chimney. Bone stock. Tailpipe is black, too.
What you might see is at times, lots of thick gray smoke for a few minutes, then it clears up and a lot of dirty looks from drivers behind you.
I think it's unburnt fuel from short trips, but not sure. Mine also has a scary valve tap sound under hard accel.

·
590 Posts
Duke, you might pay close attention to that tap sound.. A distant friend of mine gave me a call a couple of weeks back, saying his neighbor was complaining about a tapping sound on his 6.4.. This was a modded truck, with over a 150k on it, so he has no warranty.. About a week later, the truck broke a rocker arm...

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
I heard the rocker arms are the weak link. Mine makes a loud tapping noise on hard accel. No aftermarket mods installed on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts