The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 NXS Accert
After going the single turbo route approx 150k miles back, the short hose from the turbo deteriorated & began leaking. Shop that did the conversion welded hose barb on the two bolt flange that bolts to engine block. Under the Borg Warner turbo is a different sized two bolt flange with a hose barb on it. Would like to convert to hose with JIC fittings, eliminating the hose clamps. Don’t know what model B/W turbo I have (truck is some distance from me now) but saw some oil drain flanges on EBay, Amazon, etc that were billet aluminum with a 10 AN flange. (AN & JIC same animal iirc)
My questions are:
(1) Anyone else went this route? Thoughts, advice please.
(2) Billet aluminum okay? There was a steel one (I think) available but it wasn’t in stock, saying shipped from manufacturer, & while looked like steel, didn’t say what it was made of.
(3) Is the 10 AN large enough? Originally intended to bring both my flanges to machine shop & have them cut & threaded to 3/4” NPT, then adapting to 12 JIC & 3/4” hydraulic hose. The Cat flange appears to be large enough to thread, but the B/W flange may be too small. Seeing those for sale on the net would make it a lot easier.
Again would appreciate any thoughts or advice.
Thanks in advance!

·
The other guy
3,936 Posts
Just buy a strandard single turbo return line from Cat. The bolt pattern on the BW is the same as Switzer (and it actually IS Switzer for years now). Use a 6NZ prefix for the line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts