The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been the subject of much conversation and debate amongst some friends and I so now I am bringing it up on here. I found a D80 disk brake dually rear out of a 2000 Ford, but it has the newer metric eight lug pattern. I want to use it under my 95 Ford with the older eight lug pattern. I want that D80 but what am I looking at in matching the lug pattern? Would I be better off changing the lug pattern on the D60 front end or the D80 rear? What kind of cost and I looking at? Can I find the parts needed in salvage yards? If I cannot do this for a low cost I will just keep the Sterling rear I already have.

·
3,533 Posts
I am a mechanic and have been asked to do a lot of swaps over the years, and found that a good man at an auto wrecking yard, is a very valuable asset. Call around or better yet personally visit and they can give you information that is not available anywhere else.

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with you on that. The proble is the salvage yards around here are lacking. There are a couple of really good people, but they know very little about 4x4 stuff.

·
3,533 Posts
That is always the problem, I had a list of some great people for doing 4x4 work, that is not my expertise, now I have moved and retired and have to start all over again. Your local 4x4 shops or clubs, or even the phone book can be a great asset, a personal visit, if posible is the best policy if the guy sounds like they know their stuff. That way he can still do his job while he or even her talks to you. Bring a pen and paper.

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is how it was where I use to live. Since we moved up here I have had to find all new recourses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts