The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - I removed my coolant filter from my 6.0 before the salvage guys got it. Has anyone installed one on a 6.4. This engine is so cramped I can't figure out what hoses to tap or where to mount a filter:bang. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did get it from DieselSite about 4 months ago, emailed them about a 6.4 install, but they havent responded to my emails. I don't think they know whats up with the 6.4. It's sure confusing to me:bang. Thanks

·
30 Posts
I installed one on my 6.4 as soon as i pulled it off the lot. Believe i got it from defuser. I mounted mine under pass side floor board rihgt behind inner fender. The instructions where fairly good,i believe you pull airbox and tap into a heater hose. Just call defuser i removed mine off my 6.0 before i sold it and he helped me out by just selling me the additional fitting for the 6.4 he was very helpful. i mounted mine where cab halfs are welded together not on the frame as defuser instructions say. I believe this place to be a bit safer from road debris.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
I have a dieselsite coolant filter on mine installed it about a month ago but it sat on the shelf for about a year. mine mounted on the passengerside frame and in the last picture you can see the tee for the coolant line which we installed in a different location than specd.

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pics. What's that little filter behind the coolant filter for? Where you tapped in was also where I was thinking about. Glad to see it works. Thanks again, Ken

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
Thanks for the pics. What's that little filter behind the coolant filter for? Where you tapped in was also where I was thinking about. Glad to see it works. Thanks again, Ken
the rear filter is a suncoast external tranny filter which uses a allison spin on type filter. the purpose is to catch all the the burnt clutch particles before they hit the accumulator body. :thumbsup

·
1,052 Posts
I have a dieselsite coolant filter on mine installed it about a month ago but it sat on the shelf for about a year. mine mounted on the passengerside frame and in the last picture you can see the tee for the coolant line which we installed in a different location than specd.

Did the two filters come together or did you just mount them in to look that way?
Bill

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Did the two filters come together or did you just mount them in to look that way?
Bill

bill the harder i look at that pic it looks like the little one is an additional trans filter or something. :happymugs

·
1,052 Posts
That is what it looks like to me. I use a in line filter Magnefine for my power steering and trany.

I have heard of the filter shown but never saw one. I was looking for something like that when I first change ATF fluid.
Bill

·
1,052 Posts
Bill, I mounted them that way so it would keep the undercarriage in order. the small filter is a suncoast external tranny filter that uses an allison filter.
It is a clean install looks real nice. I wonder if that could be installed on a 7.3?
Bill

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
It is a clean install looks real nice. I wonder if that could be installed on a 7.3?
Bill
no reason it couldn't be its a universal kit. I have on on my 6.0L and 6.4L you would be surprised how much crap it collects :thumbsup

What does that tranny filter kit cost from Suncoast? Seems like a great idea...
not sure the cost but if I had to guess around $200 and u can by the filters online for around $10

here's a link to one place

http://www.dieselfiltersonline.com/...elco-Diesel-Transmission-Filter-29539579.aspx

·
52 Posts

Where is the other coolant line tied into? The one in the picture is the return line - correct?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts