3 filters with DC-2 rating
Mounting bracket SS T-304
Screws, bolts, washers and lock washers
T fittings
Clamps
Cooler mount
Shut-off valves
test strips

Anything I may have missed that needs to be part of the kit?
http://www.dfuser.com/img/coolant_kit.jpg

Bill
I have read about these before....what exactly is this for?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It cleans your passages and radiator of all the metal shavings and debris floating in there.

·
Suck,Squish,Bang,Blow
650 Posts
Why the test strips if its for a 6.0l??

·
Suck,Squish,Bang,Blow
650 Posts
I guess you will have to strip them from the 6.0l kit lol.

in your design consider how to minimize the mess when changing the filter. that was the complaint with the early systems on the market.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i am a little confused.

the mount appears to be exactly the same as thedieselsite's coolant filter as does the bracket.

you replaced the large T fitting w/ brass (good idea)
you are using fleetguard instead of baldwin filters
you have diff valves.

is this your kit or a repackage of theirs?

·
455 Posts
if you are not running elc but traditional green coolant you should be running dca and using test strips on a 6.0 just as you would a 7.3 if you are running elc coolant that doesnt require testing then you have the wrong filters in the kit they should be empty filters with no dca at all just a filter element. dc-2 means that filter has 2 units of dca in it .

the valves will prvent mess when changing the filter.

and the biggest reason for the filter on the 6.0 is to keep deposits that tend to ofrm from plugging the passages in the oil cooler thus blocking flow to the egr cooler causing it to overheat.

navistar is running what they call an uptime program where we make updates to engines to prevent down time and a big issue is to add these filters to the 6.0 engines starting with high risk engines first and in our chassis thats units with an air compressor. but they are being added to all eventually I understand.

on a 7.3 they can be a nice thing I suppose but not truely needed I have yet to see a 7.3 engine develop a blocked coolant passage. on the older engines before elc came out a coolant filters only job was to add dca and the water pump for the navistar chassis 7.3 has a water filter base built in

1 - 9 of 9 Posts