The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the (vacuum line?) on the back side of the coolant reservoir tank is supposed to be connected to the tank? My buddy has a 2011 F-450 with the 6.7 and said there was a line behind the coolant tank that was not connected to the tank. I guess it had a clamp on it and looked like it was supposed to connect to the tank, so he connected it and the next time he drove it, it had a small puddle of coolant underneath of it. Can somebody check and see if yours is supposed to be unhooked? I have not had a chance to look at his yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Nick

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, his truck went to the dealer and it was actually a bad clamp on one of the coolant hoses. They replaced and it is fixed. Also the vacuum line is not supposed to be connected on the xl model trucks. It has something to do with the rapid heat system in the other models. The nipple that is on the back side of the reservoir actually does not have a hole in it so nothing connects there on the xl trucks. We looked at two other xl trucks and the hose on those two were not connected either.
Thanks,
Nick

·
42 Posts
I have added 3 gallons of antifreeze to the 550, the 350 swb is leaking but not as much.
Would be sweet if it was a simple hose problem not a radiator issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts