The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get enough people together for a group buy on Coolingmist Water/Methanol injection systems. If you are seriously interested please post what kit you want. I will not have exact prices till I have an I deal on how many and what kits everyone is wanting.

Thanks,
Kenny
352-636-0812

·
6,337 Posts
Kenny, can you get any kind of a price break down, if say there was 5 units it would be X amount, or 10 units and so on?

·
135 Posts
Yes my wife would love to have one of these for valentines day :poke:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be ending the group buy on Friday February 22nd. If you want in, please let me know what kit you want.

Thanks,
Kenny

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news! If we hit the $5,000 mark, it will be 20% off MSRP and they will give a free 6 gallon tank upgrade ($100 value).

Kenny

·
Registered
62 Posts
kenny, Ive been wanting a kit for a while, can you teach me a little bit on the diff types of kits your carry? I checked out your website but im a little stupid on the subject and dont quite understand some of the extras and upgrades. Also for these kits, what kinda milage can you get out of one of these tanks?(Not fuel milage but meaning how long can you go before you have to fill up again with the 6 gal?)
Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coolingmist is a company that I'm just now picking up. I am actually buying one for myself in this group buy to help get the numbers up. I'll see if I can get Joe to post in here because I believe he has the Coolingmist kit in his truck. He will have more knowledge on their product and I don't want to give you any incorrect info about it.

As far as the differences, it is explained on their website. The stage 2 and S-HSV kits do come with the Vari-Cool Controller and with the group buy, they come with free 6gal tank upgrade.

Kenny

·
Work in Progress
171 Posts
How much does a kit cost?

·
6,337 Posts
denman81 said:
kenny, Ive been wanting a kit for a while, can you teach me a little bit on the diff types of kits your carry? I checked out your website but im a little stupid on the subject and dont quite understand some of the extras and upgrades. Also for these kits, what kinda milage can you get out of one of these tanks?(Not fuel milage but meaning how long can you go before you have to fill up again with the 6 gal?)
Thanks!
Chris

As far as water consumption, it depends on the size of your injectors and the timing you have it set on. I run (right now, I change from time to time) a 750ml and a 500 ml injector on my truck. The tank will last me about 700 miles if I turn it on and off when I need it. If I leave the switch on all the time then its gone in about 350-400 miles. But with my set up and boost levels its almost always spraying.

I have it set at a VERY low boost level for the first stage (8-9psi) and just a little higher for the full on (15#) so about 80% of the time I am spraying. Any other questions fire away...

I have over 120k spraying water and have not had one issue with my system

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks joe! A couple more questions, what are you running for water, distilled, washer fluid ect? I heard if you run the purple washer fluid you can get a pretty good extra boost with the meth thats in it, have you run this and how much do you notise a diff compared to just water? What kind of egts are you looking at when the systems running? Have you seen any improvements in milage?(Im guessing not) What type of system are you running, have you run any other types of systems compared to the one now? Sorry about all the questions, trying to learn as much as I can before I invest the money.
Again thanks!
Chris

·
6,337 Posts
denman81 said:
Thanks joe! A couple more questions, what are you running for water, distilled, washer fluid ect? I heard if you run the purple washer fluid you can get a pretty good extra boost with the meth thats in it, have you run this and how much do you notise a diff compared to just water? What kind of egts are you looking at when the systems running? Have you seen any improvements in milage?(Im guessing not) What type of system are you running, have you run any other types of systems compared to the one now? Sorry about all the questions, trying to learn as much as I can before I invest the money.
Again thanks!
Chris
Water at lower HP levels (sub 400) will not get you any HP boost, at least nothing I can see on a dyno. At 40% meth I saw 40hp before injectors, might have a bit more of a boost now but I am not sure.

I try and stay away from Washer Fluid as much as I can, I see no reason to run soap thru the motor. I will run it a bit in the winter, just so the lines dont freeze.

No real improvements in Milage that I can tell, but I never check my milage, it is what it is...

I was running a snows stage 2 system, complete junk. Went thru four controlers, a pump and a set of injectors. Have switched everything over to cooling mist stuff other then the 8 gal tank. There controler is much nicer then the snows IMHO.

·
6,337 Posts
With water I saw about 150-200. With meth it goes down, as the meth increases the EGT drop gets less and less.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I need to get everyone’s order in this weekend so I can place the order on Monday. Currently I have two orders (including my own) for the total MSRP of $1,259.90. That means we need $3,740.10 more of MSRP value to make the work. Please call me or send me your payment info and which kit you want. To find out a price, go to coolingmist.com and multiply the MSRP by 0.8

Thank you,
Kenny Thompson
352-636-0812
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts