The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one with water/meth injection figured out how much you are saving (or not saving) with this kit. I know that the mpg-max kit improves econonomy, but by the time you pay for boost juice to save a little diesel, aren't you actually paying more. Now I am talking using this system for economy gains not for horsepower gains. I am only interested in the economy part......for now. Thanks.

·
Hot Rod Farm Boy
1,226 Posts
You don't need the boost juice. Windshield washer fluid that is rate for -20* with de-icer is pretty much the same stuff, and for a lot cheaper.

·
1,836 Posts
If the water does not get hard because of the temperature you will get most of the improvements with deionised/distilled water.

The water converts to steam and lowers cylinder temperatures for lower oxides of nitrogen emissions, add the alcohol to make it burn faster. Same with a LITTLE propane, if the volume of propane gets near the point that it will support combustion without a flame things get expensive.

·
53 Posts
No cooling

I tapped into the windsheild washer bottle but did not see much cooling.
I did see more horse power and torque
After putting it on, I did some reading, and according to what I read said that you should see from 60-80 horse more. I beleive that is about right

1 - 5 of 5 Posts