whts the 4 digit code/

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how old of a flash is this?

·
90 Posts
So what exactly are these 'hidden' codes in the strategies? Do several strategies use the same code?

·
Registered
146 Posts
So what exactly are these 'hidden' codes in the strategies?
There a few ways to reference the calibration flashed into the processor:

1-The hex code (VXAP1N3.hex) - the first five digits of the hex code is the strategy (VXAP1) with the last two for the actual file (N3).

2-The filename (8C3A-14C204-AA) - used in newer vehicles such as the 6.4L

3-The part number (3U7A-12A650-FUG)- part number for both the hardware flashed with the calibration

4-The box code, tear tag, or catchword four digit code (UTU6)

5-The Calibration number (3F710N0B15)- this is what is read by the IDS

Do several strategies use the same code?
No but several calibration files can have the same strategy.

Nutty

·
1,570 Posts
Nutty, I've been trying to get a list of '03 flashes and what each one changed. Would you have this information available? I'm just trying to decide whether to get the latest update or keep my VXAP1. I know there are EGR and Turbo cycling improvements, any shifting improvements?

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
Nutty, I've been trying to get a list of '03 flashes and what each one changed.
Can't help ya with what it does, but I have an early 03 flash in mine, VXAM0N5 (the "box code" is BKG8). That one still has pilot injection and the original aggressive tow/haul.......

·
90 Posts
Nutty, I've been trying to get a list of '03 flashes and what each one changed. Would you have this information available? I'm just trying to decide whether to get the latest update or keep my VXAP1. I know there are EGR and Turbo cycling improvements, any shifting improvements?
Any shifting improvements? Maybe on my truck......Before, it would seem that I would get at least 1 shift flair when I would drive the truck. Now, I've only gotten maybe 2 of them in the last 2-3 weeks. Really hadn't thought about it til I read your post, but yeah, its helped mine. I'm running stock program now, but tuned, I never got any.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts