The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my cousin bought a 24V not shure of the year I think a 00. Right now its stock with an exh brake to hes not happy with it yet he cant even keep up with me or pull me backwards yet. First off we are probably ordering a 5" turbo back and building a new intake this weekend so she can breath. Then some guages. My question it whats the best chip or tuner for the 24V. I remember having a bully dog on my truck that was a joke then I got a custom chip from DP-tuner and its was like night and day. I dont want him to go through all that so help us out. Thanks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
quadzilla has a new box out that is supost to be bad ***. edge is always good to.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Smarty :Thumbup: but Edge and Quadzilla are good too.

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone custom program chips like DP-Tuner does for the PSD. Second what is the Box. That is a fuel adjustment controler right.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
No custom programs like EFI live (Chevy)...

But Edge products are a main stay for Cummins trucks... I got to admit mine got a lot of power and pushing power...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would definitely have him check out the Quadzilla Adrenaline!

We will be running it on our tow rig with twins. Sounds like its going to be "the" box to have.
Time will tell, they are working on high rpm fueling programs (4k+) and it is internet updateable, so it will be easy to update when the new tunes come out.

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool has anyone built there own intake like we do on the PSD's they take like $35 and 20 min to build and they flow better than AFE and the expensive crap like that.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Macktruckdriver said:
Cool has anyone built there own intake like we do on the PSD's they take like $35 and 20 min to build and they flow better than AFE and the expensive crap like that.
Yep, we use a Napa part number 6637 or 2790. The 2790 is bigger, use whichever you want to pay for.

Basically just remove the stock air box and lay the filter on the fender and hook up the stock intake tube. Dodge guys call it the "BHAF" or Big Honkin air filter.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i used edge comp drag box on my 01 and loved it. i also stacked it with a superchip for fun every now and then iloved it.

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK I have the 6637 on my truck. The 2790 is just bigger or has a bigger intake end.

Hey Rod Ill have to come talk to ya about the bluechip on Wed. if I can stop out again. I dont want to overstay my welcome not having a cummins and all yet. LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts