The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came out last night and my tire was flat, so I pulled it, and when checking for spares I noticed that the wheel was cracked, on the inside right at the bead. Its a bummer so I was just seeing if any of you knew someone selling a take off or set of take offs. The local dodge dealer told me 450 for a wheel, and for that price I think I would rather get aftermarket wheels. I do like the stock ones though, so if you know of any let me know.

Also has anyone had this happen before. I don't know when it happened, I had the truck off road about a week ago, but nothing rough. It was low yesterday morning so I filled it, and then it drained pretty quickly, over the next 4 hrs I'd say. If these wheels are inherently weak I'll probably look into a better set.
Thanks,
Sean

·
232 Posts
yes i had 2 wheels that was the same. i got 4 that are perfect off my truck. i dont think the wheels are weak but i think dodge had a problem with them cracking on the bead. i think they would exhange the wheels under warranty but who is still under warranty :( but the ones i have may have some scratches but are in good shape....

·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well a buddy just found me a complete set with 4 new 33's on them as well for $425 within 3 miles of my house, so I'm pretty stoked on that right now. anyways, thanks.
Sean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts