The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i cracked my stock alum. wheels i am thinking of trying to weld it back. I was wondering if anyone has been it and had problem with doing that?

G

·
Factory wheels are cheap, I would risk the repair and just buy another one. I would think finding someone to do it and then paying for it to be done would cost almost as much as a replacement.

·
365 Posts
In my humble opinion, I would toss the wheel. You can pick up stock wheels on craigs list for dirt cheap. Some are brand new. There are now guarantees on the repairs. Plus, as mentioned above the repair might be as expensive as the wheel. Good luck

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

·
3,514 Posts
I cracked one too. Dodge wants $450 for a single new wheel. I got a set of stock take offs for less than that, but they aren't the nicer alloy ones. I may look at that repair shop mention above as they are located in the same town I work in.
Sean

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
I agree with everyone above... I wouldn't take a chance at repairing the wheel... A high speed failure can be DEADLY!

Time to hit a tire shop and upgrade to a nicer rim... :sly:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got m/t at home but dont want to run them in the winter for fear of staining them i think i am going to just look around for new generation wheels or buy some steel wheel. because they are only for winter
thanks for all the advise

·