The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I Wanna Go Fast!!!!
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bang: NOTICED TODAY THAT MY DASH IS STARTING TO CRACK MORE.... BEEN THINKING ABOUT PUTTIN A NEW ONE IN IT.... SKEPTIC THOU IF I BUY A NEW ONE HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE BEFORE IT TO STARTS TO CRACK???? DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF THEY INPROVED THE NEW ONES U CAN GET NOW FROM THE DEALERSHIP??? I GOTTA PUT A HEATER CORE IN AND THOUGHT I MIGHT AS WELL REPLACE THE DASH WHILE I GOT IT OUT???

·
TDG Mafia
651 Posts
Dont know about the price, but if you are going to put one in, that sure would be the time to do it. I'll check with a buddy who works at the dealer and see what the factory pricing is, and post it as soon as I find out.

·
I Wanna Go Fast!!!!
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks i would appreciate that...I have called around here to all the dealerships dont hold me to it but about 3 months ago they ranged from 300 to 400$s but its like a 2 week wait to get one if i remember correctly... the reason i have not done it yet cause its is a pain in the rear... guess when it gets cold enough i will... it was in the high 60s here today on xmas day.... very warm for this time of the year for being up in these moutians:hump<- check lil guy out just goin to town:roflol:

·
TDG Mafia
651 Posts
Yea, the lead time on some parts is ridiculous, especially when you could drive there and pick it up yourself, where ever it is, in way less time... I dont know if the dealer is open tomorrow, but I'll take a drive down there if they are and check for ya. The added bonus to going to the dealer is all the creepy salesmen flock toward you like a shark on blood, and you can mess with 'em for a few minutes untill you tell them that you really DONT have $60,000 cash in your pocket, and you wont be buying a new truck today...:haha:haha
Hey, gotta get your laughs some how.

·
I Wanna Go Fast!!!!
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i hate that crap:damnit i normally drive past the door and go to the very back row and stop.... then when the salesman get about 10 feet away back up and drive around to the parts desk....:thumbsup my lil girl gets a kick out of it she wants to do it over and over:roflol: i do it to have fun with her but i know its mean a h3ll

·
99 cummins
160 Posts
my heater sucks too, i just try not to drive it during the winter. i'll fix it sometime when i get ambitious!

·
437 Posts
what sounds did your heater core make before it went out bc mine take like 5-10 miles to get warm and it makes a loud buzzing sound and my dash is cracked to damn 2nd gen dodges

·
TDG Mafia
651 Posts
Ok, so just got back from the dealer. They said the dash is sold in "pieces" and the "top piece" according to the parts guy is what you are looking for. (I assume that is where yours is cracked...) Anyway, the price for the "top piece" from my dealer is aprox.. $491 plus tax. Hope that helps.

·
437 Posts
just buy a replacement dash cover from jcwhitney its like 89 bucks or something like that and its just a shell that fits over your old dash and there supposed to be made tougher so it wont break as easy

·
TDG Mafia
651 Posts

·
I Wanna Go Fast!!!!
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:(mine never made any sounds when it went out??? Just one day u could smell the antifreeze from where it cracked.... And after that it never really got warm ne more unless u are drivin and got it on your feet on low??? Sorry dont have a better answer for you!?!?!:gaah

·
437 Posts
that alright mine just makes a loud buzzing sound its kinda annoying but all i got to do is turn the radio up a little more and it drowns it out

·
Formerly NATTYGASMECH
633 Posts
I will probably go with some dash cover. I do understand they changed the make up of the material to be more UV resistant. Talked to someone who has changed his out recently. Mine is still together and I think if I use the right adhesive to bond everything together it should be fine. Cosmetically I don't think anyone will notice if done right.

·
437 Posts
they shouldnt if its just a small crack i got a hole the size of a softball above my steering wheel and a hole the size of a quarter above the passenger airbag

1 - 14 of 14 Posts