The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
who is larry :shrugs.Wonder why hes crazy. :damnit The only real tuner that's will not tear a hole in your hgs or blow the transmission is a SCT with custom tunes.. Hands down the only way to go with the 6L. Personally id leave it stock until then .. Just my .02

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
I thought "Crazy Larry" was a Dodge only deal......

·
illadvised and dangerous
405 Posts
I've seen it posted b4 and they no longer offer it. It was a hot tune and caused a lot of problems

·
3,306 Posts
Yeah crazy larry was only for dodges they didn't make it for the 6L, but they stopped making that program for the dodges a while ago.

·
160 Posts
I could never find it when I had bullydog...ive heard people say the had it but I've never been able to find it...my triple dog however did have it downloaded onto it just not for the ford.

·
illadvised and dangerous
405 Posts
I've never ridden in one but have heard it was a nasty tune while/if the tranny and engine would stay together

·
137 Posts
who is larry :shrugs.Wonder why hes crazy. :damnit The only real tuner that's will not tear a hole in your hgs or blow the transmission is a SCT with custom tunes.. Hands down the only way to go with the 6L. Personally id leave it stock until then .. Just my .02
Not to dispute the SCT being the best option, but I think we need to stop using comments like this...SCT will not keep it from happening, but will most likely last longer than a Bullydog or Banks tuned truck. But really, it's a crapshoot! :mafia1:

Reactions: fordsuperduty01

·
19 Posts
Not to dispute the SCT being the best option, but I think we need to stop using comments like this...SCT will not keep it from happening, but will most likely last longer than a Bullydog or Banks tuned truck. But really, it's a crapshoot! :mafia1:
Agreed, I blew HG's and the only tuner my truck has evern seen has been SCT.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Il rephrase it to make some happy, its the only tuner that has adequate trans tuning. Run what you want..

·
137 Posts
Il rephrase it to make some happy, its the only tuner that has adequate trans tuning. Run what you want..
I'm not upset about it. I just don't want someone to get a false hope that the SCT will never cause a problem with the truck...:thumbsup

I wholeheartedly agree that the SCT customer tuning is the ONLY way to go with the 6.0. Everyone just needs to know that when you play, you stand the chance to get burned with a busted truck and a dealer that won't warranty it.

·
illadvised and dangerous
405 Posts
There is a bully dog that has the crazy larry tune in the forsale section currently

·
160 Posts
just because it has crazy larry doesn't mean it has it for a powerstroke....lots of dodge trucks run it but personally I have never seen it on a powerstroke ...I looked for it very hard about 4years ago when I had a tripledog for a short time.

·
422 Posts
I have the Crazy Larry tune in my BD Triple Dog

I have run it...it is hot...lot's of power, more than any of the other BD tunes I have tried. It gave me the best mileage I've seen with my 06' F250 (17.4 MPH; of coarse you have to drive like your foot is on egg shells), and that's the only reason I downloaded it.

The only upgrades to my truck are a K&N Air Box and a BD Triple dog downloader.

I didn't blow my head gaskets, thank god, but, I decided not to use it because of the risk; I may go back to it after I install my ARP studs.

My primary goal is mileage. My next mod after studs will likely be exhaust...leaning towards a 4" with a Cat delete, so I can retrofit the Cat at smog inspection time.

·
44 Posts
I had the crazy larry crap on mine for a while.. I have to tell you bully dog SUCKS on a 6 leaker. the tranny shifts were awful although it did make power. neutral drops, flares, hanging up in gear......should I go on? I ditched the triple dog till I could afford the sct. I'd rather go barefoot than put another bd on my truck. But hey what do I know:gaah

·
199 Posts
Heck, my gaskets blew stock LOL

I just love hearing all of you guys running hot tunes on stock bolts and EGR :gaah

It makes me sick..... LOL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts