The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started a week ago, and it does it only from a cold start. After about 2-5 miles down the road it smooths out and all is good. It has done it about 3 out of the 5 days so far.

I have checked the wiring for chafing and damage, and even pulled out the thermocouple. Everything looks good. Do you think or know that my gauge has failed?

Watch my pyrometer gauge, it's the top one. Let me know what you think!

·
You can call me French
623 Posts
Video isn't working for me????

-French

·
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bummer! I previewed it before I submitted it,and it worked find. You'all will have to wait until later for me to repost it. I'm mobile right now.

·
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me try it again, I'm still mobile right now. I had the video set to private!! Oops!

·
You can call me French
623 Posts
Mine will do that every once in a while, in my case, it has been the wires going into the thermocouple. They would touch and cause an iterferance.

-French

Reactions: lilpooh

·
1,415 Posts
another thing is to check the grounds out.

·
42 Posts
My autometer phantom pyro used to do that. I checked all the connections and they were good so I got a new thermocouple. That fixed it for a few months then it started up again and one day the needle just pegged out even idling but the cool down timer still worked right so I knew the thermocouple was ok. Long story short: I replaced the gauge with a new phantom and its been fine for 4 years now.

Mine also does that if I've got the 800W amp fired up and I start talking on the C.B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts