The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i was driving my cattle trailer from oklahoma city to my place at OSU in stillwater. it is only a 16ft'er but it is way old, the kid of old that means construction overkill. there is more angle iron on the thing than...well i cant think of anything, but it weighs alot. we had all the room mates stuff in the trailer. so im doing 75 in a 70, uphill, in the inside lane. a chevy impala with DitchWitch markings starts to pull up on me and the guy looks frustrated that im doing ONLY 5 over. i change lanes to the outside lane and he swerves over hard as if he is in some HUGE hurry and i am just ruining his day. i look over to the roomies and say 'watch this.' my Smarty was already set at soft catcher, lvl 4, and my edge was on tow so i put the pedal to the floor as he starts to pass me. we accelerate evenly until about 90 where he tries to floor it and pull away. i let out my best redneck yell (u gotta do it in a diesel) bumped the edge up to lvl 5 and gun it. easily passing the guy, change lanes, and give him some thick and tasty black smoke.

not the best story, but it was my first day to have the edge juice w/ attitude up and running and my smarty and the new southbend clutch. lesson learned: stacked electronics plus intake/straight pipe and a southbend can kill a 4 banger sedan uphill with 5000lbs behind the truck. and with 35psi at 95 mph, 100% throttle i never broke 1200f on the egts. i dunno what grade to call the hill but it was probably 3/4 mile long and inc elevation alot.

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
Nice. Funny i kept picturing an old Impala didnt think of the new ones lol

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
nice kill! kinda surprised your egts dont get up any higher than that... you ever run at the track? i gotta buddy with that exact same setup and i walked him last weekend...but he said his tranny was messed up...automatic..

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Okie2500 said:
give him some thick and tasty black smoke.

:roflmao: Mmmm

·
4,158 Posts
Sweet Kill!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice!

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
I wish I WAS ONLY SEENING 1200*.. snap of a finger I will see 1375*-1400*.. LOL..:poke: Not For long..! :evil:

To tell you the truth I thoguh of a ......... in a jacked up impalla on 24's DAWG!!! LOL

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
6L strokin said:
nice kill! kinda surprised your egts dont get up any higher than that... you ever run at the track? i gotta buddy with that exact same setup and i walked him last weekend...but he said his tranny was messed up...automatic..

What else is new? :shrug:

Darin, Your in for a treat next time u come down.. :Thumbup: :evil:

Check your pm's

·
Mafia member 46
555 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
nice one,i'm guessing it was a mid to low 2000's with the 3.4L V6 and yes they are slow but they do good on fuel or atleast ares did(32mpg at 70mph)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it was funny as hell. yeah ive never seen my egts go over 1250 ever. but then again ive never had more than 5000lbs behind the truck, and on the track...never been, i wonder what i would run ballpark figure. hoping 15.0ish mayb ehigh 14s.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
i saw a 24V cummins run at the track the other day..1/8 mile. cant remember if he had edge or bullydog....but im pretty sure he said he had crazy larry so i guess BD...and he was running mid 9s but HE also said he thought somethin was messed up so...:shrug:

what kinda egts you expectin jordan? with all that fuel...2000? LOL

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
6L strokin said:
i saw a 24V cummins run at the track the other day..1/8 mile. cant remember if he had edge or bullydog....but im pretty sure he said he had crazy larry so i guess BD...and he was running mid 9s but HE also said he thought somethin was messed up so...:shrug:

what kinda egts you expectin jordan? with all that fuel...2000? LOL

1600*+ with out charger.. So im really going to have to watch how I drive it until i get the charger.. But its ok to do it for 14-13 secs down the track..

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
thought you can low 14s a long time ago?

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
6L strokin said:
thought you can low 14s a long time ago?
I can.. I just saying.. you dont want to go anylonger then that.. :Thumbup: :poke:

Im gonig to have the same problem you have Darin.. :93C_peelo

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
ya, im gonna back up the start time on the pane and maybe lower tire pressure a bit and see if i can hook!

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
FOUR of em?? LOL

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
that dude probably put up all that fuss and got all mad just to exit 3 exits down. I see that happen all the time, like people gotta rush to exit. Anyways, nice kill. :Thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts