The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Interesting they are including the possibility of it going into GM Suburban with the 4.5L DMax in the works.

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A Cummins V8 would be weird, just so used to them having the Inline 6's. Exciting possibility none the less.
My guess being a high rpm engine its geared more towards performance and fuel mileage and not so much for towing, even in a 1500 truck rating.

·
326 Posts
My guess being a high rpm engine its geared more towards performance and fuel mileage and not so much for towing, even in a 1500 truck rating.
I was thinking underhood packaging; V8 is more compact; an aluminum headed V8 will probably be much lighter also.
Engineers have design the vehicle to pass crash tests and a long straight 6 is more of a challenge.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
V8 cummins is nothing new..... there is the 903... LOL

I wonder what their source is that Gm would use the 5.0l cummins instead of the 4.5duramax...... :toytruck

·
326 Posts

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And the triple nickel; but I think that one is better forgotten.
Also the 504 cu in. B210 V-8
. Still running one in a piece of home built farm equipment. Was used in Dodge motorhome chassis

·
326 Posts
Also the 504 cu in. B210 V-8
. Still running one in a piece of home built farm equipment. Was used in Dodge motorhome chassis
They also made some V6 ones in the 60s, I don't know much about 'em but someone said they were based on the same V8 (555/504)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts