The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much of a story but funny to me none the less.

We went out to ellenboro saterday, so we decided to go to deep creek friday and spend the night then head out to the track the next morning. I was following my friend in his dodge because i didnt know where his cabin was so we were playing off and on. Well on the way up 68 just past cumberland we come up to a duramax, well this guy see's us and rides past me and gets beside the dodge, so my friend decides to school him. They both take off and my friend is blacking out the highway and pulls him hard all the way up the mountain.

Its over right? no. i pull back in behind my friend and were going down the mountain and this dude pulls up beside me and grins at me (Like my truck wasnt worth the effort) and pulls back up to my friend and then floors it.... were going down the mountain so we just let him go. We catch back up to him going up the mountain and theres a repeat performance. Friend walks him by several truck.

Over finnaly, no. Here he comes again, well this time im tired of watching, they get side by side as they start up the moutain and they floor it, so i floor it and i shoot into the slow lane and passed them at about 105mph got in front of them and my tranny puked on there windshields :D I ended up getting ahead of them by a good distance. my friend calls me laughing and mentions how i owned them and that my torqshit is a torqshit lol.

So, proud of the spanking, i cut back in line and follow on. Well this idiot in the duramax comes flying up and gets stuck behind us and hits a exit ramp, flys past a tractor trailer and damn near hits the guard rail to get by my friend again...... we were like wtf is this ahole doing. He takes off like a raging retard and nearly hits several people. We backed off and set cruise control to 85mph and just rolled on. We ended up passing him again several times only to repeat.

I hope darwin steps in with this moron before he takes someone else out.

·
Registered
390 Posts
nice..some guys just don't know when to quit and it guys like that,that make us diesel guys look bad..

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
thats crazy! so what happened to ur tranny??

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Sounds like this guy was a real *** hat! LOL

Great story. Always nice to see the "almighty" D-Max get walked.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i havnt even looked at the trans yet, my friend radio'd me and said that i shot trans fluid straight down as if it squeezed out between the seals. I drove about 300 miles since then and no issues. I did notice that the degas bottle is about empty lol. It has drove fine since then, i plan on looking at it tonight, hopefully the storms stay away long enough.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Hmm maybe it was just a little coolant leaking out...not tranny fluid.

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Mlhaynes8302 said:
Hmm maybe it was just a little coolant leaking out...not tranny fluid.

UUTTT OHHH...:sofa Time for head gaskets!! That story was Awsome.. No wonder he blew by you the 1st time.. he knew that the ferd wouyd break!:poke:

what year dodge and chevy?
12v,24v,CR? LB7,LLY,LBZ?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
head gaskets are fine. Truck is running normal. it blew out the bottle.

·
Good on gas, hell on dzl
268 Posts
Good job, glad the truck is running good.

I wish my run in with a CTD had the same results last weekend. I could pull away for alil bit when we would first take off, but he would pull me in after I hit 70+.

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
DZL HOG said:
Good job, glad the truck is running good.

I wish my run in with a CTD had the same results last weekend. I could pull away for alil bit when we would first take off, but he would pull me in after I hit 70+.

I told you all but NOOOOOOO one ever listened.. Dodges pull hard when there in OD and there converter is locked..! :poke:

·
Good on gas, hell on dzl
268 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
I told you all but NOOOOOOO one ever listened.. Dodges pull hard when there in OD and there converter is locked..! :poke:
Thats exactly what he said when we stopped and talked after we ran. He was pretty suprised I pulled away at first. I was very impressed at how well he pulled up on me after he hit OD.

Next time I get up with him Ill ask for 0-60 dig, even he said I would take him out the whole. LOL

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
DZL HOG said:
Thats exactly what he said when we stopped and talked after we ran. He was pretty suprised I pulled away at first. I was very impressed at how well he pulled up on me after he hit OD.

Next time I get up with him Ill ask for 0-60 dig, even he said I would take him out the whole. LOL
Or if hes smart he will put a lock up switch :pointlaugh and lock it in 2nd gear.. why dont u go.. 60-120 roll ..:poke:

·
TDG Mafia Member #56
2,050 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
Or if hes smart he will put a lock up switch :pointlaugh and lock it in 2nd gear.. why dont u go.. 60-120 roll ..:poke:
Maybe someday you will get something other than a dudge and then you can tell us how that will walk anything.:pointlaugh

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
DieselWrencher1 said:
Maybe someday you will get something other than a dudge and then you can tell us how that will walk anything.:pointlaugh
:popcorn:

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
DieselWrencher1 said:

BTW Ryan.. I rode in modded 6.0's cummins of all types ( but the ve and VP) I rode in a Dmax what PPE... and in one with EFI..

powerstorkes with SCTS turbo, injectros, and intercooler..

the only real truck that impressed me from 0-120.. was the Dmax.. :poke: non stop pulling.. ford fell flat on its face at 60 dodge was on its face until 55-60.. :pointlaugh

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
jordan ur just pissed cuz u own a fugly azz dodge that is slow and cant get out of its own way.but accordin to u a CTD is the shat and all so u must be right.... then again i own a Cummins and think u need to STFU and stop bringin a bad name to real CTD owners that know wat their trucks are made for and wat they are capable of instead of this internet keyboard racin u love doin. so get a new hobby and go back to gettin caught drinkin in bars.... good day to u

·
2,035 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
BTW Ryan.. I rode in modded 6.0's cummins of all types ( but the ve and VP) I rode in a Dmax what PPE... and in one with EFI..

the only real truck that impressed me from 0-120.. was the Dmax.. :poke: non stop pulling.. ford fell flat on its face at 60 dodge was on its face until 55-60.. :pointlaugh
I ran a Dmax with PPE last night and I pulled him on low end and on top end. :pointlaugh He had the PPE, exhaust, intake, etc...he was on 35's like me.

·
713 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:

Exactly, someone may have "thought" they had me until........Big gear, and the "tired" ol' Cummins really starts to talk.:bow: Kinda scary sometimes, way too fast for a heavy truck.:woot:

Mikey

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:

my truck doesnt fall on its face at 60....IMO it pulls pretty good all the way through. i mean if you launch in 4x4 of course it dies down a lil, but what do you expect....?

DieselWrencher1 Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcloudCTD95
Or if hes smart he will put a lock up switch and lock it in 2nd gear.. why dont u go.. 60-120 roll ..

Maybe someday you will get something other than a dudge and then you can tell us how that will walk anything.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :popcorn:

·
713 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
I rode in modded 6.0's cummins of all types
You need to ride in my truck one time, you'd change you're mind about the "low end" of an auto Cummins, and yea I can lock it in 1st gear(Goerend, all the way). It is a pretty "raunchy" feeling that passengers get when I shift into 3rd, and breaks loose.......I'm used to it.:Thumbup:

1 - 20 of 135 Posts