The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well last night my truck broke down, luckily in front of my friends house the drivers side HPOP line blew out of the fitting due to a broken snap ring, im guessing the new lines/fittings are expensive from ford so i was considering having some hydraulic lines made are the thread series used for the fittings common?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
It's #5 boss on the engine side, #6 boss on the pump side.

I would recommend against having custom lines made unless your 100% positive you know what you're getting, and the shop knows what the hell they're doing.

The lines from Ford are good. Keep the loom on them so they don't destroy other things and themselves.

·
568 Posts
Does anyone have a part number for the HPOP lines? I think I might have sprung a leak from one. Hoping a replacing the Oring will be enough - but if not, part number would be greatly appreciated...

Sam

·
1,921 Posts
Aeroquip is who makes the lines for IH. If you do not have the right stuff it will be a bad thing. There have been quite a few different hoses out there that have burst from not having the correct ratings. Seems most everything I've found either has the pressure rating but not high enough temp rating or has a high enough temp rating but not high enough pressure rating. I did find one shop locally that carried Aeroquip and could get the parts to do it but the 90° ends aren't cheap at all. Your most likely best off going to Ford or IH to get new lines.

·
568 Posts
Anyone have a part number? I couldn't seem to find a part number for just the lines.

Sam

·
128 Posts
which side is it? For some reason they are different lines for the drivers side vs the passenger side.. Bob at powerstrokeshop.com has great prices if you can wait on getting it shipped. Otherwise about $120 from Ferd

·
568 Posts
I actually am interested in getting the part number for both sides for future reference. I tracked my oil leak and it doesn't appear to be from the lines but from the peep whole on the top of the HPOP resevoir.

Sam

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welll after spending a lot of time taking my truck apart to clean up the huge oil mess, i degreased and scraped the lifter valley down to clean bare metal and painted it, took the turbo apart cleaned and painted that to, put it all back together today, drove it 100 feet and the line popped! looks like the braided part was a little frayed or somethin, so now i have oil all over everything i just cleand/painted, what a freakin mess and a huge kick in the nuts after trying to make it all look good. time to buy a new line, maybe even two!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts