The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to make a custome intake on my 2000 7.3L. im not too sure where to git a filter (or know what one to get) and where to get some pipe to do this. I can make the box and everything, but not too sure about the rest. HELP ME PLEASE!!

·
1,726 Posts
You can get a 6637 Napa filter and it will hook up to your intake hose fairly easily. See thread: Got a 95 F-250, Now what?

Other than that, I wouldn't be much help. You could build an airbox around it if you want to.

·
862 Posts
My setup is a Napa 6637 filter, band clamp, and 4" SS exhaust pipe about 5 inches in length. The stock airbox was removed by taking out 4 bolts and unhooking 2 clips. The filter sits on the battery tray for support.

That's it.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
get a amsoil nanofiber filter, there comperably priced to the napa filter and they are reusable, and you clean them with compressed air or a shop vac, i got on i like it alot better then the napa filter i had on my powerstroke

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya, thanks guys. yes i am close to a big rig shop, my dad works for one, so some of their parts might come up missing (not really) . i did notice yesterday when i was looking at the intake, there is a "funnel" if you will, that goes allong side the battery to the grill to take in more air. Do you guys reccomend that it stays or it goes? i was thinking of leaving it and maby opening it up a little more for more air. anyone with advice or help would be apprichiated. (sorry for my spelling)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The stainless pipe is a good idea or painting reg steel pipes in and out. Rust particles forming in the pipe will be past the filter. The funnel is up to you. My older trucks have a funnel type duct that went to the original filter.

Cool outside air seperated from hotter engine air is the theory for a box or shield around the filter. You would have to duct it in somehow. Debate on the box/shield theory runs both ways. Some take a shop vac hose and route it from the shield to the grille area or cut hoses to let outside air in. :popcorn:

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
I took out the factory airbox, put the fleetguard AH1141 on the intake hose. Filter was like 45 bucks and took a maximum of 15 min to install. Turbo noise increased.:Thumbup: and the piece of mind of knowing the stock box isnt leaking is the best part.:woot:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts