The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I have to cut the stock exhaust to take it out? I would like to keep it in one piece. I'm just remove DPF back. *I searched and found nothing* Thanks guys. I'm installing a 5" Magnaflow thanks to BadSuperDuty.

·
139 Posts
No, if you take it off at dp then behind dpf just in front of rear wheel, the front drops out, pb blaster, a lil prying and a 4lb hammer to mounts helps, then jack up the frame in back, i use the reciever and jack till wheels just leave the ground and tailpipe slips right over, put other ehaust over rear end and back down, install delete pipe. ta da

·
246 Posts
Do I have to cut the stock exhaust to take it out? I would like to keep it in one piece. I'm just remove DPF back. *I searched and found nothing* Thanks guys. I'm installing a 5" Magnaflow thanks to BadSuperDuty.
You don't have to cut the exhaust. It will come out without cutting it. A friend and I did it in about and hour's time I'd say. We removed the spare tire. We removed the heat shield. We jacked up the rear. We removed the DPF back and twisted and lifted it around and out over the axle.

·
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

·
Banned
713 Posts
What if you want to remove the dpf but keep the stock exhaust and muffler and all? has that been done?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
yes. You just need to get a delete pipe. I drops right in iirc

·
Banned
713 Posts
would the exhaust sound louder with no dpf but still incorporating the stock muffler? would the engine sound louder?

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
im sure the exhaust would be louder with the DPF removed but the muffler will still help to quiet it down.

Garrett

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
would the exhaust sound louder with no dpf but still incorporating the stock muffler? would the engine sound louder?
A little louder but nowhere near to the point of annoying.

Careful Jeremiah... You are standing on the precipice. Once you start with these 6.4 and open them up a little. You will soon be shopping for more goodies. LOL

Reactions: Jeremiah

·
1,415 Posts
The sound insulation on these trucks is awsome, If your outside the truck they are alot louder without the DPF. More then once i been told my truck sounds like a 4 in a quarter cat :woot:. and still sounds close to stock inside the cab.:rock

·
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW the stock 'muffler' is more of a resonator than a muffler.

Reactions: Jeremiah
1 - 12 of 12 Posts