The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the #1 cylinder on the driver's or passenger's side? The factory service manual says the following, but it could be treating right/left from the point of view of the driver OR the guy standing at the front of the truck looking at the engine.

The right bank cylinders are numbered 1, 3, 5, 7, with number one being at the front of the cylinder block. The left bank cylinders are numbered 2, 4, 6, 8. The firing order is 1-2-7-3-4-5-6-8.

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

·
Registered
144 Posts
The even numbers are on the driver's side from front to back: 2,4,6,8. And the odd numbers are on the passenger side from front to back: 1,3,5,7.

The firing order is 1-2-7-3-4-5-6-8 also

-Michael

·
1,921 Posts
The right side is always the pass side and the left side is drivers side.

·
6,337 Posts
What are you looking for now michael? Order AE?

·
213 Posts
Dieselfever said:
The even numbers are on the driver's side from front to back: 2,4,6,8. And the odd numbers are on the passenger side from front to back: 1,3,5,7.

The firing order is 1-2-7-3-4-5-6-8 also

-Michael
Thats right

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CSIPSD said:
What are you looking for now michael? Order AE?
I tested the resistance to ground for each injector circuit (read this somewhere about a TSB or something which suggested this as a test for one type of pending failure of the UVC wiring). I found infinite resistance (i.e., good insulation) on all even-numbered cylinders, and ~4.0k-ohms on all odd-numbered cylinders. While that is theoretically only 27 mA of leakage current, I suspect that there may be more of an insulation breakdown when the voltage is applied. The thing that threw me was the passenger's side being #1 cylinder, being used to GM V8's all my life!

I ordered Autoenginuity from ITP, should be here tomorrow. Also borrowing a SD IDM to try. I figure I'll replace the passenger's side valve cover gasket and UVC harness while I wait for AE and the IDM to arrive, just to eliminate it as an issue.

Thanks,
Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts