The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just hooked a D-max and won the D-max only had a chip and exhaust and i only had a exhaust and drug him about a truck length:pointlaugh

:nunu:


98 24v ex cab doooly cummins 5spd
5inch exhaust with 7inch tip:woot:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,158 Posts
Nice!
 

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Nice! Just be careful it could go the opposite way next time. Don't give him the chance to even the score.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
3,514 Posts
Thats pretty sweet. There are a lot of factors that can contribute to that, if both trucks are roughly the same height it will make it more fair, but a stock dodge is taller than a stock chevy so that will give you some advantage there if you both hook up at the hitch. Also your motor puts out torque at a much lower RPM and builds power better under load IMO than the D-max. Throw a box and some injectors in your truck for next time and don't tell him. He'll be pissed when you drag him backwards down the 1/4mile.
Sean
 

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Just make sure you don't break traction. Then you will be going for a ride in the wrong direction. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i used low loc and just babyed it till i got traction and floored it and my tires was coursers m/t 305 in front and 275 in back
 

·
Official TDG Doctor
Joined
·
5,281 Posts
You are definitly my hero!!! and if he wants somemore...put it on video so the whole Diesel Garage world can see it!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,189 Posts
I hate to talk bad about Cummins, but I have a 24v Cummins, edge comp, exhaust, intake, freshly readjusted valves, sythetic oil in everything, built trany, 5 star ATS Torque converter, shift kit, limited slip, and probably other things I'm forgetting but you get the point. My truck does the quarter in 15.5 seconds.

It means nothing when one truck drags one in the other direction, besides traction. Sorry........ My truck has been dragged backwords by a STOCK 305 chevy, stock, stock, really stock 305. I've seen a truck pull where a Suburu WRX dragged two 4x4 trucks backwords. You can't tell me a good running stock 305 would ever out power a Cummins; even with multiple cylinders missing. It's not power, it's traction, that's all.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,158 Posts
Phily 911 said:
It means nothing when one truck drags one in the other direction, besides traction. Sorry........ My truck has been dragged backwords by a STOCK 305 chevy, stock, stock, really stock 305. I've seen a truck pull where a Suburu WRX dragged two 4x4 trucks backwords. You can't tell me a good running stock 305 would ever out power a Cummins; even with multiple cylinders missing. It's not power, it's traction, that's all.
This is very true :Thumbup:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
Wanna try it again :nunu: LOL . My D-Max may make the outcome different :Thumbup: . 8300lbs,475rwhp,and 285 Cooper STT's :poke: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah igot a video but not the d-max one ive got a cummins vs powerstroke but they just get stuck if tou guys tell me how to put it on here that would be great because there suposed to hook again and im going to hook his cummins 12v)vs(24v my cummins Dooley and see if the d-max will come back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dont know how to post the videos got plenty cummins vs cummins powerstroke vs cummins and the famose d-max vs cummins and up coming hookin gator vs rhino does enyone know how to put it on the TDG
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,158 Posts
You can upload them to the site here
 

·
Member
Joined
·
92 Posts
Whats up fellas

Im new to the forum and i was lookin for some personal opinions and maybe even an answer from someone experienced. Im wondering what is the best all out tuner to put on a 99 dodge ram 2500 quad cab short bed 4x4.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
3,514 Posts
Bone stock 99 said:
Im new to the forum and i was lookin for some personal opinions and maybe even an answer from someone experienced. Im wondering what is the best all out tuner to put on a 99 dodge ram 2500 quad cab short bed 4x4.
Yeah go with an edge drag comp or an edge juice w/attitude with the hot unlock. Um the juice w/attitude is a good choice because it incorporates the monitoring system. I personally prefer the look of analog gauges so I didn't switch to the Juice when it came out, but those two are the way to go. Your transmission won't be very happy with either of those though.
Sean
 

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
sstockton said:
Yeah go with an edge drag comp or an edge juice w/attitude with the hot unlock. Um the juice w/attitude is a good choice because it incorporates the monitoring system. I personally prefer the look of analog gauges so I didn't switch to the Juice when it came out, but those two are the way to go. Your transmission won't be very happy with either of those though.
Sean
:whs
 

·
Diesel Mafia #67
Joined
·
11,283 Posts
put a video on ... i wanna see that... i i have never seen a cummins get pulled back wards by a ford.. d max i see them go back and forth..
 

·
TDG Mafia Member #56
Joined
·
2,050 Posts
That would suck to get drug by a 305 chevy, it would take a lot to announce that especially when you have the better set up unit. It is about traction, but if you have traction you also need the power. This really gets complicated when you have two manual trucks hooked up. Then it is the battle of who starts first. LOL
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top