The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My injection pump quit (suddenly) a couple weeks ago, and I ordered a High Output VP44 from Industrial Injection. Today I got a phone from them while I was at work, and they said that they wouldn't recommend it for daily driving!
I was under the impression that it is no problem daily driving these things. The truck is my daily driver, but it is also what I use for bracket racing on the weekends. I am also in the process of putting in a racing transmission from BD Performance. Also, I will be putting twins turbos, cam, o-ringed and ported head in the new year or around Christmas time.

My mods to date are:

Intake, Stacks, 90HP injectors, Edge Comp box, FASS Lift pump, the typical 400 HP setup.

I won't be tapping the pump wire of the new injection pump until I have upgraded the turbos.

I just want to know if the High Output or Hot Rod pumps can handle daily driving without dying within the first year or two!

B

·
0 Posts
No problem using it on a daily driver. Only thing besides more power you will notice is posibly a lopey idle. Other than that nothing different.

I would suggest ordering one from Scheid's and being done with it. IMO they are making a better HR44.

·
345 Posts
We use the Industrial Injection HOVP44 pumps all the time and they work great. Little bit of a lopey idle but would be fine for running everyday. Shoot me a PM and I might be able to get you a better price than buying direct. :Thumbup:

·
3,514 Posts
The only thing I have noticed with them, is that they get really hot when towing, with a single, I've never used one on a truck with twins, but I'd imagine that would clear up the heat issue. The idle is a little lopey like stated before, but I've never had or seen any issues with that, and I think it sounds pretty sweet personally.
Sean

·
Registered
316 Posts
I borrowed one of my customers trucks to pull my 5th wheel right after i got my 06. HRVP44, RV 275 injectors, and 4" exhast and it pulled noprblem, good milage and not temp issues.

I think owner driving styles and truck configuration play alot into this.

·
3,514 Posts
yeah the truck I was driving was paired with 150hp injectors, but on stage 1 or even with the box off, you had to be light on the throttle towing even as little as 5k because the temps would get uncontrollable, even with O/D off. It kinda sucked for towing, everything else was cool though.
Sean

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The pump is on its way! The lady there just wanted to make sure that I knew which pump I was getting. After I get the race trans and injection pump in, I'll have spent more on mods than what I paid for the truck and I could still throw another $15K into it!! I can't wait til twins are on!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
sstockton said:
yeah the truck I was driving was paired with 150hp injectors, but on stage 1 or even with the box off, you had to be light on the throttle towing even as little as 5k because the temps would get uncontrollable, even with O/D off. It kinda sucked for towing, everything else was cool though.
Sean
Um, anything with 150hp sticks is going to get hot without a properly matched turbo. Even then. 150's are not a towing injector.

·
3,514 Posts
Diesel Nut said:
Um, anything with 150hp sticks is going to get hot without a properly matched turbo. Even then. 150's are not a towing injector.
The truck had a USB by pius on it, but every truck I've seen those I haven't been all that impressed with. We actually dropped 2/10 of a second on the 1/4 as well as compared to the HX40. I'm not even going to touch a big injector for towing again until I have twins ready to install with them.
Sean

·
Registered
316 Posts
That should work out pretty well! :Thumbup:

·
411 Posts
I tow with 150's and a HRVP with no problem. I can run with the Smarty on 3 all day long with anything I want and not push the EGT's over 1200*. :Thumbup:

DB

·
3,514 Posts
HRVP shouldn't hurt fuel milage if you keep your foot out of it. Once again, it depends on how you want to drive it.

D_B, what charger are you running? Because we had terrible luck with both that we ran. Always had to drop back on the hills with our set up.
Sean

1 - 14 of 14 Posts