The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a line on an entire '80 F-350 that I can pick up for like $500. Is this axle going to pretty much bolt right into my '96 trackbar and all or am I going to have to do some fab work/buy more parts to make it fit? Is this the better kingpin axle that people have been talking about?

·
Powered By Ford
2,438 Posts
I think its 85 or 86 1/2 and on that the axle was a direct bolt in, I can't remember what was different though, did you try doing a search?

·
266 Posts
Same thing you have now GTS, just like I said in the other topic on D60 axles.

Unless it is out of another year truck and was swapped previously. If its not far away, id go look.

It should have a trackbar mount on the pass. side if it is the correct axle, if there is no track bar mount, turn around and walk away.

·
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I went and found the other thread. Looks like my hopes are broken. :( Oh well I'll keep lookin'! The truck is actually right where I'm going through tomorrow anyway so I'll probably go take a look to be sure. That's probably why the truck has been in the paper for 2 weeks already and hasn't had any takers. Thanks for the input!

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
i think is 85 and up i know 87^ will work

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts

·
86 F350 4x4 6.9litre t-19
22 Posts
if you buy a 80, you are sol, i have a 86 one ton diesel, very rare truck, and i mean very, pretty much only made one year, and diesels werent as popular then, so i really dont think in a pickup 4 wheel drive they were that common, maybe im wrong, but i have had mine since 98 and have yet to see one that is diesel, and a one tone with a king pin 60 up front, i only knew of one, and its gone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts