The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to take the lens out in front of the instrument cluster. It's really dusty in there and i'd like to clean it :damnit

·
TDG Singles Club #112
565 Posts
I have never had my ford apart to even look, but in my dodge and all my chevys you pull the front of the dash off and the clear plastic cover can then be unscrewed and removed. But like I said, I have never even looked into doing it on my ford yet. So I could be totally wrong. Maybe somebody else will chime in if I am completely wrong. Sam :grd

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
You will have to pull the light switch knob off the switch, then take a screwdriver and pop the inserts in the middle of your dash cover off to access the screws to loosen it. Then pull the cover off and unplug the fuel tank selector switch and the wait to start and water in fuel light and pull it off. You might not have to pull the whole cluster out but there are two sets of screws. One set holds the face on the cluster and one holds the cluster to the dash. But Im pretty sure you have to take the whole cluster out to get to the top screw. Then you will have to unplug the wires on the back of the cluster. Be carefull though not to rip the board on the back while trying to get the wires unplugged, those clips can be a real PITA. If you can, dont use any protectant with an oily residue. That will just cause more dust to stick to it. I use Adams Polishes IN/OUT spray.....(not promoting a product or anything...LOL)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts