The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well slid off the road in the rain and totaled the 03. I bought a new 08 that i will pick up Saturday when I get back in town. I like to have guages to see whats going on with the engine. I want to use a dash daq instead of wiring all the individual guages. Does anyone know if I can add tunes later. I don't have the $$ right now to do the tunes and delete pipes. Thanks. Ken

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Yep. If you want by the DD now and get the tunes when you have the moolla.

·
222 Posts
I was thinking about doing the same thing. Will it still be able to clear codes? And when you order it do you have to get the ford specific setting for the codes? I hope that makes sense because it really doesn't make that much sense in my head

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I was thinking about doing the same thing. Will it still be able to clear codes? And when you order it do you have to get the ford specific setting for the codes? I hope that makes sense because it really doesn't make that much sense in my head
Yes it should be able to clear codes off the dash. I believe you can order it then when you get it you can get the ford specific stuff from Drew techs site.

Reactions: 4swampin

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
The DD is the most expensive part of the upgrde.... might as well just the tunes also and start taking atvantage of the benifits now!! just my 2 cents

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
The DD is great with or without the tunes. I ran the DD for about a week without tunes and i found it to be awesome, the fact that it monitors many main parameters is just great. IMO its worth the money, even without the tunes.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
^^What Colton said^^

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys. It does look like a great piece of equipment. I can't wait til Saturday:D

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
You'll love it, Such a nice truck. Big improvement from the 6.0's IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts