The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
gotta love black smoke!
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone change a 99-04 dash bezel to a 05-07? I want to be able to put a double din navi in and cant do it in the 1.5 din opening on the 99-04 dash.

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
I can't really help with the question you asked but.........

There are a lot of folks who have fit double din radios into the 99-04 dashs... I think you have to trim off the little lip at the top (and maybe bottom) of the opening and then it will fit in that hole.......

·
gotta love black smoke!
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone have pictures of this or know where and how much to cut?

·
499 Posts
pm me and i will get you some pics and the install kit for it

·
499 Posts
ok i cant post the picture small so anyone that wants it let me know

·
gotta love black smoke!
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any pics that anyone has would be great...

·
499 Posts
pm me your E-mail

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
Yes, you CAN fit a double din in a 99-04 dash.

Trim the 1/8" lip on the top and bottom of the opening. Make your mounting system for the headunit, and you're done.

Also, I'm in the process of swapping in an 06 KR dash into my 2000. It's being a pain though, seems as if the HVAC and radio were moved about 1/4" to the right compared to my truck.

·
Big Stroker
220 Posts
Zaairman, where did you get that KR dash? I need a replacement for mine, either Lariat or KR, I don't care which, the local stealership wants $500+ for one

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
Buddy of mine had his KR broken into. They put a small nick in it that you can't see unless you're looking for it. Insurance had to pay for everything, so they bought him a new dash. I got his old one. :thumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts