The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have had this problem for a little while now since im finishing fixing and doing all mods that i havent done yet. my dash lights do not come on but sometimes they will magically come on while im driving then when i hit a bump they go off again... i think it is a ground if that is it or sounds like it could be where is the ground for these dash lights?

·
1,567 Posts
Do all the dash lights do it or just some of them?
If all of them I would look at the head light/ dimmer switch or a ground
Let me know on witch ones are giving you problems and I
I can email you a wiring diagram if you need.

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all of them do it i want to say its a ground cause it happens when i hit bumps, but i dont know where the ground is exactly for the lights

·
1,567 Posts
Check the grounds at the lower center of the dash just above the heater outlets
The cluster is on g202, while the radio illumination and climate control, 4x4 switches are on ground g201 both mount within an inch of one another on the dash bracket
Send in PM your e-mail and I can send a wiring diagram

·
1,700 Posts
those 2 grounds are both related to inst panel illumination, they should attach to the metal dash bracket just to the drivers side and center of dash ( kinda above the brake pedal ) i would kinda doubt you have a ground issue as both those grounds are tied into many other lamps and components on your truck. you might need to remove the inst cluster and check connections and power circuit to the cluster. the illumination wire is light blue with red stripe. it stays this color from the headlamp switch and to every component that has illumination.

·
1,567 Posts
wiring diagrams on the way

·
52 Posts
i have the same kind of problem with my dash lights, they come on when i want them to but will flicker randomly and sometimes go out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts