The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
In debt to my teeth
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got everything up and running last night just wondering if anyone else is doing this? It seems to be missing alot of items I should be viewing though. like boost, line pressures, desired shift rpm, etc etc.. Am I missing something? I only messed around with it for a few minutes so maybe it was right there in front of me. Any thoughts?

·
1,155 Posts
ive been doing a lot of datalogging with the xcal2 and my laptop. theres a few parameters that wont come up yet, but im told in a near update, the parameters will be unlocked so to speak...

·
Texas XC Quad Racer
957 Posts
How do we go about acheiving this datalogging with the xcal?

·
TDG Mafia Member #24
1,199 Posts
Whats the live update for? And the Firmware update? Also do I have to return my truck to stock to install this software?

·
Registered
38 Posts
AUGSX said:
Whats the live update for? And the Firmware update?
Live update is for updating the firmware in the XCal2 itself. The firmware update is the actual firmware file to be installed in the tuner (using Live update).

·
Registered
838 Posts
AUGSX said:
Whats the live update for? And the Firmware update?

Auggie, the Live Link software is used for recording Live data of whats going on with your engine on for example a WOT run, so you can view it with the software or send the file of saved data to your programmer, and tunning can be made more precise and easier when a customer is an email customer. This data logged is then used to read performance values being issued by sensors that all run through your PCM and affect performance, so their data is crutial when someone is having trouble with a tune, it makes it simpler for the SCT dealer to read the graphs and see were the necessary adjustments needed to be made to correct such problems.

Mitch

·
TDG Mafia Member #24
1,199 Posts
So Mitch, to actually get data logging I need a laptop or I can see the stuff on the Xcal 2?

·
TDG Mafia Member #24
1,199 Posts
also how do I know if I need to update my Firmware?

·
Registered
838 Posts
you plug your XCAL2 to your OBDII port and use your USB cable to your PC while running LIVE LINK, also download the version 218 update for it. Select the Data logging feature on your XCAL and it will show you a button to press when you want it to start recording data. As for your Firmware, it's best to keep checking www.sctflash.com for updates, I beleive you should have the latest one released.

Mitch

·
TDG Mafia Member #24
1,199 Posts
10-4

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Hey choke,
for us with the sct1 will my predator log the data you need to look at or should I leave it in the closet?????

·
1,155 Posts
your truck must be runnin before opening the livelink program on the computer. once you open it, it will give you a list of all the parameters avaliable to be monitored. you select which ones you want, and then hit the green button on the top left of the screen when you want to start logging. there are a few parameters that dont work, or at least for me. injector pulse width, and the trans parameters are the first that come to mind...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts