The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 7.3 and wonderin how to tell when my truck was made cause I've read on here that 7.3's have two different type of rods and they made the change in 2000 i'm gettin ready to start adding mods but wanna stay within the rods capabilties.

·
158 Posts
i believe they changed the rods from forged to powderd metal in 99.5 an Up... so the early 99's and older strokers have the forged

also i believe that anything over like 400hp on the 99.5 an newer rods it gets risky but anything earlyer can take like 500hp

i dnt knw about the 6.0s? i dnt have one

·
Registered
50 Posts
The only sure fire way to find out is to check.

·
6,337 Posts
From 2001 up they had PMR's... There is nothing wrong with PMR's at stock power levels and mild mods, but once you start nearing 400hp you have to swap out. The 6.0 have PMR's factory, but they are designed to be PMR's...

If you look at the build tag on the truck (drivers door pillar) and it says June 2000 or older then you are safe.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
CSIPSD said:
From 2001 up they had PMR's... There is nothing wrong with PMR's at stock power levels and mild mods, but once you start nearing 400hp you have to swap out. The 6.0 have PMR's factory, but they are designed to be PMR's...

If you look at the build tag on the truck (drivers door pillar) and it says June 2000 or older then you are safe.

You gotta check to be sure :poke:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wasn't this topic discussed like last week? :damnit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts