The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had this problem? It only does it when I am towing. Changed out the de-gas cap. It ran fine with no load on the 275 tune. I have drove it fairly hard to try and get it to leak, and the level stays the same. As soon as I tow the trailer, she starts to leak coolant. Tried different tunes 210, 75, and stock, still seem to puke out the de-gas. The temp guages seem to always stay right dead centre. The only difference is that the transmission temp will climb on occasion. I read somewhere that it could be a thermostat / radiator issue? Anyone had this issue?:bang

·
139 Posts
Headgaskets, you need new ones and studs...

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
Anyone else had this problem? It only does it when I am towing. Changed out the de-gas cap. It ran fine with no load on the 275 tune. I have drove it fairly hard to try and get it to leak, and the level stays the same. As soon as I tow the trailer, she starts to leak coolant. Tried different tunes 210, 75, and stock, still seem to puke out the de-gas. The temp guages seem to always stay right dead centre. The only difference is that the transmission temp will climb on occasion. I read somewhere that it could be a thermostat / radiator issue? Anyone had this issue?:bang
not sure what year your truck is, but the water pump and radiator probably need to be looked at.

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
My guess is thermostat/radiator issue. I would go with that way before thinking it was head gaskets. It could also be the EGR coolers flash boiling.
does the 6.4 have "the sand in the block" problem like the 6.0s? if so it might not be a bad idea to get a coolant filter kit. or at least flush the cooling system a couple times.

·
2008 F350 Murdered out
244 Posts
Mine is puking too, they put new egr coolers and it still puked then it went back and my radiator was blown and so was one of my thermostats, and now it's still puking so it's going back in next week to get hgs and studs. I told the dealership that I was done ****ing around with this ****, I want it fixed now or you can just have the ****ing truck, that's when they stopped yanking on my **** and now there doing hgs. Don't go easy on them tell them what u want done

·
139 Posts
Mine is puking too, they put new egr coolers and it still puked then it went back and my radiator was blown and so was one of my thermostats, and now it's still puking so it's going back in next week to get hgs and studs. I told the dealership that I was done ****ing around with this ****, I want it fixed now or you can just have the ****ing truck, that's when they stopped yanking on my **** and now there doing hgs. Don't go easy on them tell them what u want done
Same here swap all the other parts you want first but in the end it will pry be hg, and that pry caused the other problems...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts