The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the stealer for a couple of small warranty issues.He tells me as part of their complimentary inspection they noticed I needed brakes and rotors? 48,000 miles on the truck. I didn't notice any squealing or more than usual dust on the wheels but they have been fair to me so I said how much? He says $1100.00 parts and labor. I said let me look around for a better price. I can do the work myself I just don't have the time or a garage to do it in, anyway I get a couple of prices for OEM parts and they are pretty close. I tell the dealer to go ahead while he has it there. He calls and says all set and the price with my $100 warranty deductible is $1200. I tell him I will get it after work. He calls an hour later and says " after a road test we noticed 2 calipers were sticking" and his boss said to replace all 4 of them because they are covered under my extended warranty, no charge. It will be ready next day. I started thinking and called him back and said "according to my extended warranty if a covered part (calipers) causes a non covered part to fail all parts are covered right?" He says, let me call you back. Calls back and says because I bought the truck from them his boss will cover the rotors too but not the pads because they are wear and tear items. Ok I said how much? $440. I went to pick up the truck and when he hands me the bill part of the charge is $200 for labor. I said I need to call my warranty company because that should be covered as part of the repair? He says let me talk to my boss hold on. Before he walks away I mumbled I think I am going to call the Better Business Bureau. He heard and comes back 5 minutes later and the bill is $100 for my warranty deductible. What I am trying to say is we work too dam hard for our money for these A-HOLES to try to rip us off! Question everything. They probably were going to bill the warranty company too.

·
1,415 Posts
Most times they replace rotors when not needed to if you dont look. Good for you for standing up to them.

Reactions: Rosco

·
3,533 Posts
I have 50,000 Kilometers on mine and I tow a dump trailer up and down mountains, and my rear brakes, are just getting seated in. That is a lot of brake wear that quickly!

·
1,415 Posts
Depends on the condisions you drive in. In summer time bc of all the mud and dust i can only get about 30,000 km to a set of back brakes. and 100,000 out of fronts. Winters i hardly get any wear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts