The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, look forward to any help that can be provided. I have a 2008 Job 1 with Flow Pro delete, EDGE Race CS and 52,000 miles. Took the truck to a small town dealer for some un-powertrain related work with the request to NOT install the new update - left the tuner and delete on cause I am lazy and the dealer had no issues with it. A well meaning tech decided to unplug the tuner and flash the new update not knowing the consequences. Now, neither the dealer laptop nor my programmer can communicate with the truck, anti-theft flashes, and it will not turn over. Dealer is stumped, so what do we do???

·
14 Posts
Can the dealer reflash with the old set up? (not the new flash) If not i would say it would be the dealers fault if you did tell them not to reflash with the latest update. I know Spartan and H&S came up with an update for the new flash has the Edge? Good Luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update - sounds like new ECM/TCM are in my future. Dealer says will work out price with me, what do these things typically run $$$ wise?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Have you called Edge and ask them if they can reprogram your CS? Also does it download to the truck, if so the flash from the Edge has probably been lost and or is locked to the flash before the update. I would call Edge and ask them what they think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update - New ECM/TCM installed, Edge sent files to wipe CS clean so it will work with updates. The issue here was, when the dealer tried to update over the top of the Edge program, computer saw mismatched code and locked up. Have not seen a bill from the dealer yet, not looking forward to it. Thanks guys for your suggestions on this situation. Lesson: Always return truck to stock before returning to the dealer, no matter what the issue is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts