The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 F350 is in the dealership right now getting the head gaskets done as it was puking anti-freeze. I returned the truck to stock and took it in. They tested the cooling system and found it to be "dropping" in pressure as opposed to "over pressuring". They tested the EGR and they determined it to be head gaskets.

Earlier today when I talked to the service manager he made a point of mentioning to me twice that they noticed the exhaust had been taken off and that he found no record of issues through warranty.

My question is....what should I tell him as to why the exhaust had been taken off?

Thanks

·
Another day in paradise
284 Posts
:whs

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
i have been waiting for that same question.. but I do make sure to drive through lots of water/mud before taking it in.

I also wait for them to ask why are your all your counters reset in your computer... never been asked so never brought it up

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Oh, I thought he had it back on....... i should read a little closer lol

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The truck was returned to stock and the exhaust was put back on. The service manager stated that "it's looks like the exhaust has been off for what ever reason".

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
Why are you taking it to the dealership?

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
Tell him if it has been taken off that it must have been took off before you bought it cause you aint never messed with it

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well things went off without hitch...........all done through warranty with no questions asked. I guess I was concerned for nothing after all.:thinking

1 - 11 of 11 Posts