The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my rig back from the shop that installed a FASS150. I was getting dead pedal so I went with the cheaper fix before the expensive one. Got it home and got the cough that means my pump is more than likely tats up. I started looking for a new pump ASAP, what I need info on after all the huffing and puffing is. What are the benefits of a performance pump to a stock, I have read that performance pumps can die in 20k? I will be doing this in my driveway. So which way is the best way to go.

MOD Info: Superchip programmer, 4in. MRBP, K&N intake, Banks High Ram, FASS150

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
#1 ditch the Superchip...

Id just find a SO VP44 they are good for 600hp +...imo Industrail Injection and BlueChip make the best VPs (that arnt Hot Rods)...so i'd do that...

Nate

·
307 Posts
I have had a special X from blue chip diesel for a little over a year and have had no problems what so ever, also better fuel mileage.:thumbsup

Good idea to add the low fuel pressure light they have also!

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Stock SO VP44 is just fine...

I'm going to be crossing the 100K miles mark on mine and keep on trucking... I'm also on a 2 cycle oil diet for the VP44...

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
So what is an SO pump? Not sure I know the terminology, and where do I find one?
STOCK PUMPS

SO (Standard Output 235/460)
HO (High Output 245/505)

You can put a SO pump on a HO engine. But you CANNOT put a HO pump on a SO engine. All Hotrod pumps are made from SO pumps.

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Im all confued.... So whats the better one SO or HO? and why....

and who makes the best after market ones.....

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Im all confued.... So whats the better one SO or HO? and why....

and who makes the best after market ones.....
SO is responds to electronics better...HOs are only capable of like 525hp (ish)...aftermarket...

For a SO Industrail or BlueChip

For a HotRod VP44 Scheid or Industrail

For anything bigger Industrail Dragon Flow

Nate

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Actually a SO pump flows more fuel just slightly... Funny that all HotRod VP44 are built from SO pump bodies and NOT HO pump bodies...:D
I wanted to say that but i was not 100% sure on that...and as far as the HO pump you have from BlueChip thats not the Special X all that is is a reman/ungraded so its not going to do anything special, hate to burst your bubble...and its only gonna go on 6 speeds w/o having to make a headache :bang

Nate

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks fellas for piping in so fast to give me all the info, I am either going to get a bluechip or industrial pump, not sure which one yet. If I pick up the upgraded pump will I have to upgrade my injectors? A friend suggested it either way I go.

Thanks

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
Noob question. How do you tell them apart? '01 24v with NV4500.

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts