The Diesel Garage banner

Death Rattle

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  BigBlueDodge 
#1 ·
Just recently I had the upper and lower ball joints, front and rear shocks and steering dampener replaced. Now I get a violent shake above 65mph when I hit a bump.
I have taken it back and they find nothing, I had the inner drag link recall fixed years ago.

Any suggestions???

#2 ·
how many miles you got? mines an 08, no problems yet at 28,000

#3 ·
Was the Track Bar replaced? Death Wobble is usually caused by worn Track Bar joints. It is a known weak or wear item on Dodges. Like Dodgefarmer 2 asked, how many miles? I have 104,000 miles and still on original.

#5 ·
Im sure you have already done this but, Check to make sure everything is tight and then rotate your tires to make sure its not coming from a tire.

#6 ·
what size and brand tire do you have?

I just installed 315 70 17s BFG a/ts on my truck, had a 4 wheel alignment, and after that i get the death wobble over bumps,

I called the company i bought the tires from said that they have seen it a couple times on other trucks with the same tires same size..they replaced everything on those other trucks with no fix,. so there going to swap tires and see if it goes away...

and my front end has new ball joints, and every thing else has been checked and tight.

#7 ·
We had a 06 Dodge with the same problem. Changed everything on the front end and added another bracket that was suppose to solve this. It didnt. It had BFG all terrains on it. Put some Kumho ATs on it and the death wobble went away.

Reactions: todt061458
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.