The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about debadging my truck, and was wondering if anybody had any tips on the best way to do it. Any tricks, or do you just peel em off? :help

·
Registered
422 Posts
We used a heat gun, plastic bondoe spreaders to get the emblems separated from the truck without scratching the paint and bout 6 beer. Just remeber not to hold a heat gun in one spot too long. When the emblems came off there was still some sticky crap left on the paint, goo gone will take it off pretty well, then we hit it with some 3m rubbing compound. It aint hard to do.

·
1,660 Posts
IronGut's method will work fine. im not sure about your truck from memory but some emblems have plastic dowels/pins sticking from the back of them into a hole in the sheet metal. Such as on fords the "F250/F350 " emblem has these. cant remember if the dodge does or not.

·
Registered
104 Posts
they will not just simply peel off they are on there pretty good....heat gun and wd40 DO NOT USE GOO GOOP ETC GONE ON YOUR PAINT!!!!!!!!! some get lucky but that stuff will take clear coat off FAST

·
1,660 Posts
Ive never used GooGone before but i know tons of people who use it to de badge motorcycle emblems. At work we just use an Eraser wheel. Ive never heard of Goo Gone damaging paint but i know many many people who have used it

G

·
DPDIESEL said:
You can also use fishing line to take them off if you want to keep the emblems in one piece. You just use it to cut the black by moving it up and down like a saw behind it.
:iagree That is how I have always done it. Just wear a pair of gloves so the fishing line does not cut your hands open.

·
Registered
422 Posts
If you over use any type of solvent you risk harming the paint. Didnt know that about the GOO GONE, we must have got lucky.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts