The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I am stupid. Stressed out, I put about a quart in the gas tank. I did NOT turn the engine on. I disconnected BOTH batteries to my 2016 Ford F250 then I put the truck in neutral (inside steering column) so we could roll the truck up onto the tow truck to take it to Ford.

Ford is still analyzing, but telling me basically this is a 10-12K fix for the ENTIRE fuel system. I read/and was told, if the fuel pump has NO power, it can not cycle and so the only bad fuel SHOULD be in the tank.

NOTE: I DID turn the key AFTER the batteries were disconnected to unlock the steering wheel so we could guid the truck up onto the bed. But again, BOTH batteries were disonnected first.

Am I really screwed or should most of the work be cleaning up the tank and ????.

Thanks

·
352 Posts
If you had started it, yes you would be in bad shape.
The tank needs to be drained and all of the low pressure lines between the tank and the HP pump need to be drained. Not really that big of a deal. If the pump didn't run, technically just the tank needs to be drained but it is a simple matter to pull the supply and return hoses and blow them out to be safe. I would do the fuel filter as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The only way to really clean def out is distilled water. But honestly if it was contained to the tank it should be dropping the tank and just cleaning. Blowing the lines out with air isn't going to help bc when it dries inside a line it crystalizes so air will not remove the residue so water will have to be ran through the lines and then blown out or just replaced with new lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts