The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looked under the hood today to see what was going on and noticed that there were drips coming on of it wasnt much any sides affects or problems that could arrive from this?
making a trip this weekend up to winchester about 250 miles each way

just wanted to be sure before i get going
thanks
nasty

·
1,660 Posts
can you tell if the drips are coming out of the cap and running down the bottle or does it look like they're coming from the seem that joins the two halves together?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey

when i looked at it it had come from both the cap and the seals on the side
it was dried so i wiped the drips away to see what would happen and so far nothing so i guess thats good. we will see when i get up in the mountains
any more info wouold be nice
thanks

·
what's egt mean ??
586 Posts
are you running a tuner ?

some of the reasons for puking are:
1. high egt's can flash boil the coolant in the egr cooler and puke.
2. head gasket leaks can allow combustion pressure into water jacket and puke.
3. high egt's can cause the coolant at rear of the head (poor circulation area) to flash boil and puke.
4. high boost thru the egr valve into egr cooler can enter cooling system if your egr cooler is leaking and cause puking..

if it's just due to flash boiling you shouldnt have a problem as long as you don't get on it too hard.
if it's due to a compromised head gasket, then you can still drive the truck, but it will continue to get worse and will puke everytime you get on it hard.

·
1,660 Posts
^ agreed just keep an eye on it these trucks do that stuff fairly often. take a gallon or two of coolant with you to be safe .

·
775 Posts
If your running a tune, put it back to stock and you will probably be OK but take some extra anti-freeze to be safe. Also make sure your water level isnt above the LOW water mark. The LOW mark is the max you should have your water. Ford has a sticker to put on the bottle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts