The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my truck back from the stealership after they did a set of Elite Head Studs, and the Elite EGR/Wastegate setup. Everything seems to be hooked up correctly but the truck will not make any boost and has some codes that the dashdaq is picking up.

Here is what it is reading.

P1633 Keep Alive Power Voltage Low
P2453 DPF Pressure Sensor A
P2263 Turbo Boost System Performance

I am not really sure what any of these are trying to tell me but the truck is not running correctly.

I have the 275 tune loaded so I know the EGR is turned off. When i put it in gear and try to drive there is no boost and eventually it will work its way up to about 5 psi. The truck is dumping fuel because it is just dumping black smoke out of the tailpipe like crazy. I am not sure what is going on but I have not had my truck in two weeks and really need to get it running correctly.

Thanks in advance.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I think you need some custom tuning for the EGR delete. DinoOne had some issues after his install. Matt got him up and running

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I have been told the 275 and the 310 tune which I have both already include the EGR delete functions in them.

I dont know for sure but I think that even if they didnt all it would do is throw a check engine light. It would not affect the boost. I could be wrong though

·
606 Posts
The P2453 DPF Pressure Sensor A should not be there with a tune? Maybe they flashed it without telling you. Just a thought.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I think P2263 relates to the ebp sensor.

·
2,183 Posts
The P2453 DPF Pressure Sensor A should not be there with a tune? Maybe they flashed it without telling you. Just a thought.
:whs

that's kind of what i am thinking? Maybe try to reload your tune. I'd call Mick. He's your best bet.

·
234 Posts
The wastegate has special adjusting that needs to be done to maximise the Back pressure to boost ratio or something along those lines... They could have the wastegate not calibrated to the desired setting... Just a thought

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have talked to Aaron about it and the regulator that is used to adjust the wastegate if its turned all the way counter clockwise it will maxmize boost. I have it setup this way and still nothing.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Man that sucks sorry to hear that just FYI when our Dodges get the dreaded P2262 code basically 9 times out of 10 its a dead turbo. Not any way near familiar wit these fords as the rest but just a thought prob not though im going to stick wit the truck getting flashed and you not being informed bout it.

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im starting to wonder if it is the turbos too. I have spoken to both Rudys, and Elite and they both seem to think the wastegate is not the problem. Only other thing I can conclude would be turbos but the turbos were fine before the cab came off and all of a sudden now they dont work?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Josh. Several of us guys up in the great white north get the P2263 when it gets really cold. The turbos were fine. Most have had sucess eliminating this code when the EBP sensor gets changed out. I would check the wiring to see if it's not connected properly or has a broken wire.

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With the elite wastegate setup the EBP sensor has to be relocated so I wonder if that disrupted it. I cleared the code and it has not come back.

·
Registered
382 Posts
That sensor is super finicky...I've replaced mine twice already. Both times have been just from unplugging it while working on the truck.

Same symptoms you were describing when they were bad. No Boost...

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That sensor is super finicky...I've replaced mine twice already. Both times have been just from unplugging it while working on the truck.

Same symptoms you were describing when they were bad. No Boost...
I am going to try to replace this sensor today. Would be such a relief if thats all it turned out to be.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Good luck. If that doesnt work see if your dealer actually did reflash.

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good luck. If that doesnt work see if your dealer actually did reflash.
They put a new ECM in it so I guess it had to be reflashed. I am going to load the truck back to stock and then load the 275 just to make sure there is no corruption in the tuning.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Why did they have to put a new ECM in your truck?

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After the cab went back on there were a bunch of dash lights on including the 4x4 was flashing, and some other stuff. They could not get the lights to clear and the 4x4 solenoid was fine so they determined that somehow my ECM was fried. They put a new one and everything went away except for the boost problem

·
Speed Junkie
193 Posts
Did you double check all battery power leads and all grounds? When I got my truck back from having the radiator replaced, I had sort of a similar problem. COme to find out, the power wire going from the passenger battery to the driver battery wasn't hooked back up. Once the battery started dropping voltage, the dash lit up like a christmas tree. worth a look anyway.

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have checked all wires and plugs that are visible. I didnt find anything unhooked or disconected.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts