The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some input I just finished an inframe on a series 60 in a 97 freightliner. Everything new except the gear train they were in spec. Upon start up there is white smoke and a slight miss. (atmosphere temp not relevant here since warm or cold temps it makes white smoke) only for a minute or so and then it clears up. The miss also clears up. Stumped now, all the injectors have been replace even a reman ecm was put on still the same.Put in a new injector harness still the same I should note that the white smoke is not heavy. I pulled the exhaust manifold nothing unusual there I am out of ideas I missed somthing just not sure what? Any ideas would be appreciated ...steve

·
3,533 Posts
Sounds to me that you have a timing issue, retarded, did you do the testing of the camshaft timing to be sure it set properly.

Reactions: steve47

·
3,533 Posts
If it is a fuel problem he can open the fuel cap and look into the tank with a flashlight and see the fuel return line if that is the problem he will get big bubbles.
He said he had the Manifold off , usually if it is a drain back problem and misfire he should get random puffs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
check your cam and crank sensors for metal filings. They are magnetic and will attract the metal filings from your inframe. Also can happen with failing bull gears and accessory drives. You might have to clean them more than once if you find this to be the problem. Might have to change the oil again too

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you

I have read everyones threads and you guys have kicked my brain into gear I will follow up with all the posts and report back with the results . Thank You and Merry Christmas to all...Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts