The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the boys are heading to panama city for spring break. I am running dougs street tune right now, do you think I should tune it up to the extreme for the best mileage if I keep my foot outa it, or detune incase something happens. I will be having all regular stuff done too, oil change, clean the intake, ect... Any input, I'm thinkin Extreme, just incase we run into someone that needs a whoopin..:smoke :usflag The tranny has been actin alil weird when cold lately tho... I don't even remember how my extreme tune runs anymore...:damnit Damn weather.

·
963 Posts
Put the extreme on...and bring the SCT, its not like it takes up that much room. Mine stays in my center console.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
yep i would load extream
i always get my best milage on our Insanity file
robert

·
77 Posts
It shouldn't be that cold down there either...YOU HOPE!!!

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
LokiWolf said:
Put the extreme on...and bring the SCT, its not like it takes up that much room. Mine stays in my center console.
:whs
i always get the best mpg on a hot street tune....more so than a lower econ tune! if your drivin easy..!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, i pretty much figured thats what I would go with. Robbie, answer my PM so maybe I can take that insanity file for a 1600 mile ride! :smoke

·
Registered
333 Posts
What about the Edge Evolution?
There is Extreme, Tow, and Economy modes

Where is the best fuel economy? I haven't had mine long enough to experiment or get any long-term consistant data. Currently getting avg of 15 MPG in econo.

I like the responsivness in Extreme but get less mpg because I'm always playin.:evil:

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
you dont have just a street tune on the edge? if you have a high powered street tune i would say that. if not, on the highway, you will get the peak mileage on extreme because there is more power in that level so as long as you dont USE all the extra power, you will get extra mileage...it all depends on how heavy your right foot is at the moment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts