The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a chip from a friend of a friend (ya'll know how that goes) and I only paid $40 for it so its not like this is a great hit to the wallet. But I put it in and my tach wouldnt work, the glow plug light stayed on, and the check gauges light was on. (probably because of the glowplugs). The guy said it came out of a truck just like mine. Any ideas?:shrug:

I cleaned the terminals twice and this only happend when the chip was in, so I took it out and just emailed Dp tuner.:Thumbup: But its going to bother me not knowing what happend.:thanks:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Is it a Diablo chip or a DP tuner chip? If it is a DP tuner chip, they will get back with you soon. They have great customer support.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, i just re-read what i wrote, not very informative, sorry! But, the chip i have problems with is the diablo. I emailed DP for a quote for one of their chips since I hear nothing but awesome stuff about them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
When you say it came out of a truck just like yours, do you mean same year, tranny, etc.? I would guess the program on the chip isn't compatible with your PCM, or maybe the connections on the PCM aren't completely clean.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, the computer thing is the only thing i can think of. But it supposidly came out of the same year, trans, everything. I cleaned the connections, twice. :shrug:
I guess I'm just out 40 bucks, lol

·
2,035 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get rid of the Diablo. I tried one on my truck and nothing would work right...half the time the truck would shut down at WOT...

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, the chip and everything is sitting in my toolbox. Jody is suppost to give me a shout later to discuss one of their chips. :woot:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts