The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into buying a 4`` diamond eye turbo back exhaust but don`t want to get a major drone at cruising speed while pulling. Anyone knows how it is?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Looking into buying a 4`` diamond eye turbo back exhaust but don`t want to get a major drone at cruising speed while pulling. Anyone knows how it is?
I had a 4in TBE on my 01 and it actually was more quite in the cab with 4in TBE with a muffler. On my 6.7L with 5in w/muffler I only get a little drone around 1500 RPM when towing heavy, and its not even that big of a deal. I don't think you could go wrong with it man.

Its also good to see ya posting, its been awhile.

:five

Reactions: MART5.9

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
I agree with keeping a good muffler on.. The first Turbo back I had with a small POS muffler minus resonator and Cat had enough drone with towing at 1800 – 2100 that it would drive me insane , heck it was so bad that it would even distort the music in the cab..
Went to a Rokktek Muffler (BTW: they no longer make them) and it is all gone, plus a little timing advancement helped too.. I would suggest a Donaldson or similar – still breathe well and combat the drone ….

·
121 Posts
it a reversable muffler on the diamond eye if u point the cups toward the engine its pretty quiet if you point them away it almost a straight pipe i also know a guy with the hushpower system a little drone if you lug the engine his truck is a 6sp but other than that very tolerable in the cab

Reactions: MART5.9

·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a 4in TBE on my 01 and it actually was more quite in the cab with 4in TBE with a muffler. On my 6.7L with 5in w/muffler I only get a little drone around 1500 RPM when towing heavy, and its not even that big of a deal. I don't think you could go wrong with it man.

Its also good to see ya posting, its been awhile.

:five
Thanks i`ll go for it then.... I`ll be posting much more pretty soon!!!!! A lot of things to sorted out with the EX-WIFE!!!!! aahahahah know what i mean?:bdh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts