The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I launched off the line lastnight pretty good messing around with a group of Harley riders and got it up to about 80MPH when all of a sudden the truck felt like it went into neutral! Then the SES light comes on and I am stuck in what feels like 3rd gear, but no rev governor. I can scream the engine if I want! Dont like that feeling, but I pulled the codes and I cleared them on accident. I am afraid I limped it, so I dont want to recreate the scenario so I dont hurt the trans anymore if I did.

Someone help me out here, please. I just hope I am not limping this poor beast as I need it to last me until next spring when I can afford to have it rebuilt.

Thanks for the help,
Tony

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have a local guy that builds transmissions, and he is going to build me a new one as soon as I can scrape the money. It will be earlier than I wanted, but this guy has a SUPER cheap labor rate and he is getting to be more and more known in the diesel community in my area. He builds using Suncoast parts so I will take it back to stock for a little while and have him build me a good trans, SC IV. Since I wont go above 550HP.

Tony

BTW, thanks for your input, no more beating on the truck for the next couple of months.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I already dropped the truck off, but the C4 powerpack wont be in until the end of the week and I need my truck for the weekend. So I am going to drop the truck off next Sunday to give the guy more than a week to get it done and do some testing and be sure it is right. He said he would have it done and ready for Merchants Spring Fling.

On a side note, the lady I am dating now is wanting me to put it on the rollers to see where I am at. Without a Airdog or FASS I am worried I will dry the rail so to say. So we will see.

Tony

·
3,939 Posts
Horsehaulin said:
On a side note, the lady I am dating now is wanting me to put it on the rollers to see where I am at. Without a Airdog or FASS I am worried I will dry the rail so to say. So we will see.

Tony
Well, it would also be a good idea to get a baseline without a lift pump too. That way you can see what difference it makes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts